Five for Friday (July 10th)

Linky_F4FBanner

Okay, so it IS Saturday here in Melbourne, but things kind of got away from me last night, so apologies for the late Five for Friday post!

#1

Those of you who’ve followed my blog for a while may know that I’m a BIG comic book nerd. (And proud!) However, I do not video game – because frankly, I’m useless at it. BUT, due to the modern wonders of technology, last weekend I was able to watch a very good friend of mine, from Philadelphia, play Arkham Knight and boy, it was like watching a mini movie! (Okay, so it was kind of long, but, it was super fun and we were able to chat about it at the same time, so I thought it was kind of cool!)

Slide1

#2

On Tuesday my Nonno turned 82. He’s fabulous and hilarious and this is how he chose to utilise the crocheted blanket my Mum made for him. <3

Slide2

#3

I was in the city yesterday and had a bit of time to wander around and so I stopped by (briefly) to The Art of Dr. Seuss gallery at the Block Arcade. It’s only small, but it’s amazing and I definitely want to go back and spend some more time there.

Slide3

#4

The reason for being in the city yesterday?

Catching up with these amazing Victorian teachers! It was so lovely to have lunch and chat – for hours – with Jemima (Jem’s Bright Buttons), Paula (Paula’s Place), Chantelle (Miss Jacob’s Little Learners) and Bec (Stars and Wishes). These ladies are simply amazing, and I hope to catch up with them again soon!

Slide4

#5

Over on my crafty blog (Noveltea Corner), I’ve started up a regularly Friday post – Fauxligraphy Friday – which will feature seven samples every week of my hand lettering practice. Simply click the links above, or the image before to view the first week’s collection!

006_SingBc

I’m back to school on Monday (man, the holiday breaks go by quickly!) and I hope to have some fun classroom posts for you soon!

Until then, happy weekend, friends!

Sig_NewBlog2014

1. How lovely meeting up with other teachers! 🙂 Wish I could be in VIC, would LOVE to see that Dr. Seuss artwork in person.

Have you watched Daredevil on Netflix? I’m a liiiittle comic book nerd (just love all the story lines), and I was instantly HOOKED! Waaaaaayyy better than the Ben Affleck movie!

♥ Stephanie
    Fishing for Education Blog

2. I loved catching up with you too! The Dr Seuss store is a highlight.
    Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths