Sunday Showcase – Zentangles

| 0 comments

Title-SundayShowcaseHello, my friends! Happy Sunday!

Today I thought I’d show you something I’ve been really intrigued by recently, and something I hope to be able to take with me to school and use with students. (Perhaps not quite with my Foundation students, but then again, I do believe everything can be modified to allow students the opportunity to practise a skill, so, you never know!)

It’s a doodle-art form called Zentangle.

I first came across this while watching a video on youtube by The Frugal Crafter (a great channel to follow if you love art and craft making!), and gave it a shot late last year. If you follow me on Instagram, you’ll have seen some of the pieces I’ve been making over the last 6 months or so. I’m going to link the video at the bottom of this post for you!

Essentially, a zentangle image is a picture created by drawing structured patterns.

Yesterday I played around with the following 4 designs. (Some of the lines – the squares and circles – were printed for these, because I’m considering using it with some students and I think some guidelines might help them focus more on creating the patterns at first!)

Slide1Slide2They are a bit time consuming, but honestly, it’s so relaxing to sit there and create repetitive patterns and they look so effective!

If you want some more info, simply do a Google or Pinterest search. I’ve pinned a whole lot of ideas to a Pinterest board which you’re welcome to take a look at:

Screen Shot 2015-03-15 at 12.00.44 pmI’m quite keen to try out those Easter Eggs for the upcoming holiday!

And for those of you who are interested in the video I mentioned:

Thanks for stopping by today – I hope you got a bit of inspiration from it!

What helps you relax at the end of the week?

Sig_NewBlog2014