Sunday Showcase 15/02

Oh my goodness – I’m so sorry I’m finding it difficult to stick to my posting schedule!

I’m not sure what it is at the moment, because for the first time in 3 years I’ve actually got some time up my sleeves on the weekend because I’m not having to do the second-half of all my planning. Maybe it’s because I’m just so relaxed and chilled out?

Okay, so today is probably more a combination of my Five for Friday and Sunday Showcase posting ideas, but it’s definitely Sunday (not Friday) and I thought I’d just show you a sneak peek of some of the things I’ve been up to in the last few weeks, both teaching and non-teaching related!

Title-SundayShowcase

I’ll start off with some personal stuff that’s happened:

Slide1

On Saturday two very good friends of mine were married at the very beautiful Marybrooke Manor. Despite some early rain (a good sign!) it was a truly lovely day. Beautiful service, fabulous picnic-style buffet lunch. Lots of friends and fun! (Also, a fun opportunity to dress-up, too!)

Slide2

I tidied my little workspace. It may not seem like much, but trust me, it is!

Moving on to some school-stuff…

Slide3For the first 5 Wednesdays this term, I’m running the Early Years Literacy and Numeracy interviews. I’ve run the EXACT SAME interviews every year for 6 years now.¬†It’s very informative about what my students know at the start of school, but I can quote BOTH interviews, word for word, without looking at the script now. ūüėČ

Slide5During the first week of school we had a chat as a class about our school values (Care, Respect, Cooperation and Integrity). I think the kiddos did a wonderful job identifying what it means to show respect to others!

Slide4

I bought these cute hearts on strings when I was in Toronto from Dollarama. So glad I did – they were a big hit with the kiddos on Friday for our ‘Love Day’. We made Love Bugs (which are not 100% finished just yet, but will be soon) and read¬†There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Rose and¬†Love, Splat and had a magnificent day.

And now on to some of my crafty/planner-related stuff…

Slide6My Valentine’s themed planner pages for last week. It was a lot of fun to work with blues and pinks. The little laminated card was made from a print that you can download from Studio Calico.

Slide7I am determined – DETERMINED, I say! – to get into the swing of Project Life this year. I think I’ve found the perfect way, by combining a self-paced photography challenge I’m doing from A Beautiful Mess with PL to document¬†my life.

Slide8I attempted to make my very first card using stamps and watercolours. It’s not perfect, but everyone’s gotta start somewhere, right?

Slide9

And my most recent obsession has been making bead necklaces. I just want to keep making more and more (but honestly, I’ve got about 10 hanging on my wall the moment – what am I going to do with them all?!!).

So that’s a bit of what I’ve been up to. I’d¬†love to know what you’ve been doing. Leave a comment and let me know so I can catch up with all my wonderful online friends!

Until next week, have a lovely weekend! <3

Sig_NewBlog2014

1. “We made yellow cupcakes. We made blue cupcakes.” I hear you about the testing! This is only my fourth year, but the pattern for the bears is definitely stuck in my head – green, yellow, blue, blue!!

Jemima
    Jem’s Bright Buttons

• “One day, Rani took Max to the park. Their favourite place was down by the creek.”

I think once you do it for more than a year, you’ll forever know it. Lol!

• For sure!!

“The leaves tumbled, bump, bump, bump, over the rocks”

It’s strange thinking about how many other teachers are doing exactly the same thing on a Wednesday!!