Five for Friday – January 23rd, 2015

Linky_F4FBanner

#1

My last weekend in Ontario, I went out to Niagara Falls with my friend and her family. It was the first time any of us had been to see them and it was just gorgeous. (Also slightly dangerous for me because I have no ice-feet!) I think it would be amazing in the Summer, but – as cold as it was – I think it’s truly a spectacular sight in Winter. I mean, just look.

NF_01

NF_02

NF_03

#2

We also stayed the weekend in the area – more specifically, we stayed at Niagara-on-the-Lake at a beautiful Bed and Breakfast. We spent the afternoon walking around Queen Street – they had the Ice Wine Festival that weekend – and then went to out to the lake. Also stunning!

NL_01

NL_02

#3

This year I picked a word for my year. Kind of like a New Years Resolution (but I don’t do resolutions). But this I can do. My word for 2015 is create. I figure it has applications outside the obvious and it’s something I can live up to.

I got this beautiful word art from Colleen Attara, who makes wonderful word art pieces out of recycled plastics.

OLW

#4

Yesterday I started piecing together my Teacher Planner for this year. I’ve added in my beautiful new dividers and if you’re interested in seeing how I set it up, let me know!

TeacherPlanner

#5

While I was away I finished and uploaded a Developmental/Dramatic Play activities pack. My kinder-aged students are involved in three developmental play-based sessions each week and the activities in this pack are ELA and Math activities based around the theme of a ‘Cafe’ set-up. Check it out on TpT!

CAFE

See you guys on Sunday! Enjoy your weekend, my friends!

Sig_NewBlog2014

1. What a great adventure – love your planner dividers too
    Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

2. I’ve loved seeing all your pictures Stef! Especially your ones of all the snow and ice! I bet you are not liking being back to reality though…
    Have a great weekend!

Alison

3. The pictures are gorgeous! I have never been to Niagara, but now I want to go!