January Pick 3 Pinterest Linky

Hello and Happy New Year!

It’s been a while since my last blog post, but I’ve been busy. Currently I’m a long, long way from my lovely home in Melbourne. In fact, I’m all the way across the world in Canada, staying with my best friend.

Can I just say, it’s much colder here than it would be at home!

I’ll try to upload some photos from my trip – not that there’s too many of them at the moment because mostly we’re chilling out and relaxing, which is awesome! – but until then, I thought I’d join in this fun linky that I’ve seen in my feedly list today.

It’s hosted by Inspired Owl’s Corner and PAWsitively Teaching, and I think it’s a lot of fun!

Pick 3 Graphics-January (2)

Now, I have to admit, I’m thinking ahead a bit to the 27th of January when I’ll be returning to work for the START of a brand new year, with a brand new class. For those who are new to my blog and unfamiliar with Australian school years, our school year runs from Jan/Feb – Dec (with our Summer break over Dec/Jan).

So, without further ado, here is my Top 3 Pinterest ideas I want to try out this month:

Slide1 (3)

Pick3Jan2015_1

Click the image for the Pinterest link (I did have trouble finding the original post for this though, so my apologies – let me know if you know where it belongs and I’ll update the links!). I think this would make an amazing display for the first few weeks of school as all students are settling in to their new classroom!

Slide2 (3)

d66fa0c583aacc9edb5ea2a9eb2b2f86

More handprints! I think this would be a really nice way to ease separation anxiety – especially with parents. I’m teaching a straight Foundation (Kinder) class next year and I think it’s important to remind students AND parents that they’ll see each other again soon.

Slide3 (3)

050e8894b852605bf8b205d09295a7ae

This one I thought would be an amazing piece for portfolios. We put together a book of samples of student work throughout the year to give to students at the end of the year as a reminder of all the great work they’ve done. (And, especially in a world where people like to declutter, it gives parents an option to save ONE book with lots of work samples rather than having to keep EVERY book and piece of work.) How lovely would it be to have one of these at the START and END of year?

So those are some of my favourite Pinterest finds for this month. I’m sure there’ll be PLENTY more to come. If you don’t already follow me on Pinterest, do stop by! I have over 9000 pins (yes, my mind does boggle at that number!) and they’re predominantly teaching related.

Screen Shot 2015-01-05 at 10.41.41 pm

Don’t forget to join in the linky – just click the links at the start of this post to take you back to check out all the other amazing blog entries for even more inspiration.

Until next time, have a lovely week! <3

Sig_NewBlog2014

1. No 2 would be perfect with reading The Kissing Hand picture story book.

2. Thanks for linking up and sharing such great ideas! Enjoy the rest of your time off!

3. I love the ideas for documenting how tiny they are when they start! Good luck in your upcoming school year! Thank you for sharing and linking up! 🙂

4. Love your ideas! About how many hands did you use for the flower? Just wondering… Thanks!

5. Hi, I love the handprint page. Can you tell me where you got the border? It looks like DJ Inkers to me. Do you know the program? Or did you find it somewhere else?
    Thanks so much!

6. I also love the handprint page! Do you have a template to share?