Five for Friday (August 15th)

Can I just say: it’s been an unbelievably exhausting week. Just back from the Grade 1 dinner at school tonight and I’m beat. Not much is going to be happening this weekend, that’s for sure. But I am ready to link up with Doodlebugs Teaching for:

Linky_F4FBanner

#5

Slide1

I’ve moved into a personal-sized planner from Kikki-K and I have to say that I’m loving the portable size. I’ve even made my own planner inserts for it. This was this week’s planner layout and I’m kind of in love with it. I’m such a pink person!

#4

Slide2

I saw this CUTE idea over at Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep. I loved it so much I have a little team of 14 tennis ball pals for fine motor development!

#3

Slide3

I got this awesome hanging pocket from my aunt – totally out of the blue! I’ve never mentioned to anyone that I’d like one and she randomly gave it to me. It’s been put to good use, as you can see!

#2

Slide4

Our class veggie patch has been a little bit neglected of late, but we’re heading up next week to harvest our lettuce!

#1

Slide5

Slide6

We’ve been exploring location this week – looking at paths and maps.  We spent an hour making paths around the classroom using different classroom materials and then my kiddos had to draw their paths on a classroom map. (This was very interesting to see which students could orientate themselves!) They had a lot of fun, and I loved that some of my boys used their beloved Pokemon cards to mark their paths!

Sig_NewBlog2014

1. Your tennis ball friends are very cute! So glad you could use that idea. 🙂

Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

2. Please tell me that they are sit spots on your floor!? I’m talking about the colourful dots in the path making photo. Would you mind sharing where you get them? Or did you make them? I’ve been trying to find them in Aus and I’m SO excited to see this photo!