Swap, Share, Give Linky!

Linky_SwapShareGive

Hey everyone!

My lovely, fellow-Australian teacher friends and I have joined forces again for another Swap, Share, Give blog linky this weekend! We had so much fun the last time around we’re back at it, sharing some of the fantastic resources you might have missed!

buttonnew

I was paired with the very lovely Jemima from Luck’s Little Learners. Jemima is a fellow Victorian teacher (woohoo!) and if you’re not following her already, you definitely need to stop by and visit her blog, check out her Facebook page, or visit her on Instagram.

*~ SWAP ~*

Screen Shot 2014-08-09 at 4.28.54 pm

I was super fortunate enough to be able to review Jemima’s 100th Day of School Party Pack! Here in Australia we’ve hit the middle of our school year and 2 weeks ago (July 31st), my class celebrated their 100th Day of School! (Strange, I know, for my northern hemisphere friends who are only starting to head back to school now!)

First up, let me tell you: this pack is designed for the busy teacher. If you (like me) find yourself coming up on 100 days a little time poor, these activities are all PRINT AND GO and are so easy and fun to implement.

A peek at some of the things included in Jemima’s pack:

SSG2014_1Great, detail activity ideas and instructions!

SSG2014_2100s charts – a whole variety so that you can differentiate for your kids (or skills) as required. Also included (but not in the photo) is a hundreds chart with random numbers missing.

I used these as early finishers tasks on the day and they worked a treat!

SSG2014_3

Ways of Making 10 pages.

SSG2014_4

Tracing/writing 100 letters.

This was another early finisher’s task that I had for the kiddos – and can I just say, they were SO amazed that they could write ‘100 letters’ (Preps AND Grade 1s!). It was really adorable and they really, really loved this task.

SSG2014_5

100th Day Writing prompts!

We ended up using the 4 prompt option in the centre and I’ve got a couple of photos of my kiddos work to show you:

SSG2014_5A

This was some writing by two of my Grade 1 students – I was just blown away by one of my boys who declared (very proudly) that if he had $100 he would give it to a charity. *heart-warming moment*

SSG2014_5B

And some from my Preps!

(No matter how many times I tell them ‘Don’t colour over your writing…’ <- I sound like a broken record!)

SSG2014_6

Some great ‘100’ visualising mats and a 100 Days of school poem! My preps used the blank mat to stick down 10 groups of 10 objects that they all bought from home. We all read the 100 days of school poem and it was decorated and pasted into the back of their Literacy journals with the other poems we’ve read this year!

SSG2014_6A

Some of our groups of 100!

SSG2014_7

Crowns and placemats and a fantastic colouring page!

SSG2014_7A

One of my kiddos modelling her 100 Days of School crown!

All-in-all, I was blown away by Jemima’s pack – it was fun, easy to print and implement and provided a lot of options, which (for someone teaching a composite class) is just awesome!

I know for a lot of your 100 Days of School is still a long way off, but I would seriously urge you to add Jemima’s 100 Days of School Party Pack to your carts right now to have it ready for your 100 days of school!

*~ SHARE ~*

As part of our linky I’m going to share TWO freebies with you – one of mine, and one from Jemima!

First up, in keeping with our 100 Days of School theme, I’m sharing with you the photo sign I used for the day (modified slightly – mine had the name of the school and the specific date for our 100 days of school):

Screen Shot 2014-08-09 at 5.30.39 pm

Click the image above (or here) to download this freebie! If you’re looking for my other freebies, simply click here.

If you’re looking for a great freebie from Jemima, look no further than her Digraph ‘ng’ as ‘ing’ pack! (Or check out all her freebies here!)

Screen Shot 2014-08-09 at 5.38.05 pm

*~ GIVE ~*

The last component of our linky is probably my favourite: the giving part.

If you head over to Bec’s blog (Books, Bugs and Boxes) you have the opportunity to enter a giveaway to win ALL of the packs that were reviewed as part of the linky party.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

However, if you want an extra chance (or two) to win a copy of Jemima’s 100 Days of School Party Pack and my Hens Love Tens activity, just enter the Rafflecopter below:

a Rafflecopter giveaway

And don’t forget to head on over to Luck’s Little Learners to see Jemima’s review of my activity Hens Love Tens: A Skip-Counting Game.

buttonnew

Sig_NewBlog2014

1. Oh MY! I love that “If I had 100 things”! Too cute! 🙂

2. Stef, I’m so glad you enjoyed using the pack! I love the photo sign, too. I might have to save that one for next year!

Jemima
    Luck’s Little Learners

3. This looks like so much fun and they are learning so much about 100.
    Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

4. Hey Stef,

It looks like your class had so much fun with the 100 days activities. Thanks for your comprehensive review 🙂

Cheers
    Mel

5. So many options in this one! Great pack!

6. I so wish I had this two weeks ago! Love the 100th celebration, definitely something I will continue.
    Books, Bugs and Boxes

7. Wow! This pack looks really comprehensive. Off to add it to my cart for next year. 🙂

Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

8. Making 100-year old self portrait!

9. I am soooooo pleased to find some great Australian bloggers and sellers!
    I am a first year teacher from Queensland and recently started blogging and TPT’ing
    Loving looking through my fellow Aussies stores and blogs.
    Sheri
    Early Years with Sheri