Monday Meet Me Linky

Linky-MondayMeetMeLinking up with The Teaching Tribune again for their Monday Meet Me linky!

Slide1

I teach a Prep/Grade 1 class and it’s a lot of work. BUT it’s also a lot of fun and it’s so nice to see children in Grade 1 given the opportunity to be mentors and role models for their younger peers. Because of the range of concepts being taught there are LOADS of opportunities for the younger students to pick on the Grade 1 concepts and for the Grade 1s who need a bit of extra consolidation to have that as well.

I have a to-do list a mile long and neither the time or the inclination (sometimes!) to cross everything off all that one time. The worst being filing. (I hate filing!) I’d rather spend time making fonts and blogging and watching youtube and writing!

I watch anything with explosions, car chases or comic book characters in it. (And I’m not even joking – that is pretty much my criteria for viewing!) Alternatively I’ll watch craft tutorials, unboxings or make-up videos on youtube. Because that’s how I roll!

I listen to lots of different music. I prefer stuff that’s easy to listen to, as opposed to stuff that gives you a headache! I go through phases of bands and musicians, but one that’s stuck with me for years is Lifehouse (who I adore) and I’m also really loving Ellie Goulding at the moment. She has such a lovely, unusual voice!

I read Matthew Reilly! (This here counts along my viewing habits, because Matthew Reilly is ALL ABOUT action!) He has fabulous books like Ice Station or Seven Ancient Wonders. If you haven’t read them, you should! I also have a ridiculous picture book obsession (hello, teacher!) and I love to read comic books. (Yes I do!) Currently in the comic book world I tend to read N52 Batgirl or Nightwing, but I’ve loved Birds of Prey, the original Nightwing series and a whole host of Batman graphic novels. I’ve also read a range of Iron Man (Invincible Iron Man!), The Avengers and X-Men.

I do blog (when I get the chance), craft (when the urge strikes me), drink tea (often) and plan (for school, for myself – I’m learning to be organised!).

Sig_NewBlog2014

1. Stef… You and I could not share a TV or a bookshelf. :)

Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

2. Unboxings are so much fun to watch! I’ve only got onto those recently.

And I love sci-fi, too!

Jemima
    Luck’s Little Learners

3. To do lists are my favourite! But like you I struggle to find the time to get it all done.
    I loooove unboxing fashion videos and makeup tutorials! So much time wasting, but oh well ;)

Zoe
    Oh the Little Wonders

• I’m the same, Zoe. I’m getting better at prioritising my to-do lists, though. I find having a Top 3 things that need to be done stop me from feeling too guilty about not getting EVERYTHING done!