Five for Friday (June 6th)

Oh, my goodness. This week has been the week of PD, sore throats, endless meetings, P&D chats, mentor chats, looking after grads and dealing with kids who want to be on holiday.

Thank goodness it’s a long weekend!

Linking up with Doodlebugs Teaching for 5 for Friday!Linky_F4FBanner

#5

Slide1

Our Art specialist made these fun ‘creatures’ with my kiddos a little while ago whilst exploring colour. These are some of the examples, and the rest are up in our school gallery. They look absolutely fabulous and the kids came up with some really creative ideas for what their creature was.

#4

Slide2

My new nails. I get them done every 3 weeks and it’s hard to see but the glitter polish is very iridescent. It’s so pretty with the black. Yay for BioGel nails! (Also for Nails by Nancy, who is my very good friend and does them for me!)

#3

Slide3

I’ve just started an online 4 week seminar about CAFE. So far it’s helped me unpack the book a bit better and next week I’m officially going to start using it in the classroom. Here’s my brightly colour CAFE Menu (on my rainbow wall!). Very happy with how it turned out. The kiddos have been talking about The Cafe on the back wall since it went up!

#2

Slide4

Aaaand, to go along with it, my Pensieve, which I’ve started putting together. Super happy with how it’s going so far. Of course, I used my Scrappy Self by From the Pond. Pretty much everything I make for the classroom now has me and my Minnie Mouse ears!

#1

Slide5

One of my roles at work this year is to work with all the Graduate Teachers (not as their mentor – although I do mentor one of them – but to help them find their way and facilitate debriefings and how-to sessions etc at school). Next term we’re encouraging them to do a whole lot of collegiate visits with staff from our school. One of the other mentors and I had the idea to make them their very own observation journals, which could then be used as part of their evidence in their VIT inquiry project. These are the covers and I’m SUPER HAPPY with how they look so far. Now just to make pretty notepapers to match!

Happy (Long) Weekend!

Sig_NewBlog2014

1. I love those creatures the kids created. I might have to try something like that! Thanks!
    Growing Little Learners

2. Love those colourful creatures! They look just gorgeous on the black background paper. :)

Yay for a long weekend!

Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

3. Awesome CAFE Wall! Will you be blogging about how you implement it? I’d love to hear more about it!