The Elf on the Shelf is coming… (Freebie!)

| 1 Comment

Okay, so technically the elf is hiding on my bookshelf in the classroom. (But shhh! don’t tell my kiddos that!)

Yes, folks, I am jumping on the bandwagon of the Elf on the Shelf – and what a fun bandwagon it appears to be! I’m super excited about it. I’ve even plotted out the different adventures our elf will have in my diary so that remember.

Today, though, I broached the topic with my K/1s to get a feel for where their heads were at. (My Grade 1s like to remind me that I’m the person behind the Table Fairy points… I swear I’m not!)

We talked about how Santa knows who’s been naughty and nice. I got some really great responses, like the Santas in the shopping centres are actually reporting back to the real Santa at the North Pole, and that Mums and Dads and teachers also report to Santa. Then we talked about Santa’s special helpers and how sometimes – if kids are really good – Santa sends a special elf to watch over the classrooms.

… it worked like a charm.

Can I just say, my kiddos are SUPER excited and can’t wait for our elf to make their Grand Entrance on Friday.

I’ll be sure to post some photos of what the elf gets up to!

But, in the meantime, I have a freebie for you – for those of you who have your very own Elf on the Shelf. (And even if you don’t, this would make a cute creative writing task!) Plus, hey – FREEBIE!

Simply click on the image above to download your freebie!

Freebie Fridays

One Comment

1. Love your elfie post and freebie! I would love for you to link this post or any other elfie resources at my Elf Class Ideas Linky Party. Thank you!!
    FlapJack Educational Resources