March Currently and Freebie Font Friday

(Ok, so Freebie Font Friday is now on a Saturday… but I’ve been busy!)

I’m linking up with Farley from Oh’ Boy 4th Grade:

LISTENING: I’ve been loving listening to Of Monsters and Men, especially their song “Little Talks” which my kiddos love listening to as well. It’s got quite a fun little tune to it.

LOVING: All the math game ideas I’ve been getting from Mel (From the Pond) and Brooke (Teachable Moments). I’m really not a math person and so I find it hard to think up great little games – but these girls have been fab the last week or so. I’m spending my weekend making up some of their games and activities for my class this week!

THINKING: I’ve got a decent amount of money sitting in my Scholastic Rewards bank and I’m really considering getting an EasiSpeak microphone for my class to use. I’m thinking they could record their reading at home one night, or even in the classroom, and then I’ve got a bank of their recordings. (Also, very good for them to ‘hear’ their reading back as well.)

WANTING: I know lots of you love hot Summer weather, but I’m desperate for Winter. I loved being in the cold weather in the U.S. over Christmas. You can always put more clothes on to get warmed, but when the mercury rises you can only take off so much clothing… (and still be decent!)

NEEDING: Air-conditioning. I know we’re in Autumn now, but Melbourne gets hot, dry heat and teaching in a glass and metal building with NO air-conditioning and broken windows (that are run electronically) has not been fun for me or the kiddos.

LIKE. LOVE. HATE.: Pretty self-explanatory – I like me some silliness, and I love singing songs with the kiddos (this week we’ve been learning the Date Song and the Days of the Week song). I hate supermarkets because they’re always busy when you’re in a hurry. Like today. Sigh.

So, this week I went on a font-making binge because I’m in a terrible state of TpT writer’s block. Oh well.

(Perhaps I should have charged for my fonts? Ok, not really. They’re not THAT good, lol!)

Anywho, here are a few more goodies for YOU!

Click on the images to download the fonts from TpT!

You can also purchase MGL Spring Writer Ext for $1 which includes the accents and misc options (for a total of 195 characters, as opposed to the standard alphabet of 99 characters). I only put the charge on this one because it took a while longer to make.

1. Awww, thanks Steph 🙂 Your fonts are looking so cute, I can’t wait to download some more when I get my new hard drive ready 🙂
    Brooke

2. I bought an EasiSpeak at the end of last year and totally forgot about it! Thanks for reminding me!

Kylie

3. I can’t wait for winter too~!! Let the snow begin. :o) That’s all I can say.

4. You get to keep your Schloastic Rewards?!?! Very jealous right now!

Alison

Teaching Maths with Meaning

• Our school doesn’t (currently) do the Scholastic Bookclub with students. So I order stuff for myself for the classroom and I’ve collected some rewards from my spending habits. (I’m a sucker for books – it’s terrible!)

Stef

5. Fingers crossed you get air con soon- thought I was hard up with the 40 year old dinosaur that we have at work! So excited to read another Vic teacher’s blog- Alison @ Maths with Meaning sent me your way
    Bec http://booksbugsandboxes.blogspot.com.au

6. Thanks!!! Love these fonts!

~Traci
    The Bender Bunch

7. I’m with you on the weather. I loved that cold spell we had last week & can’t wait for Autumn & Winter.
    http://www.hismd.blogspot.com

8. Pingback: 26 Free Fonts for Teachers - Teach Junkie